Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Switchfoot

While I'm thinking about the regular workday (and occasionally noticing that it gets more and more like Office Space around here every day), has anybody else paid attention to the lyrics of the Switchfoot song that has been on the Top 40 radio stations lately? I keep hearing the chorus:

"We were meant to live for so much more, but we lost ourselves."

The rest of the lyrics, I admit, are a little hard to understand.

But I do think it's interesting that the song is as popular as it is. Is this a common obsession for people? Or am I one of those strange people who likes songs because of lyrics?

I wonder if this might be a big question for a lot of people, because it interests me: What is that more we're supposed to live for? But I generally feel awkward talking about these kinds of things with people I know in person, etc. So maybe there are lots of people who are interested in that something more, but don't feel comfortable talking about it. Or, like I suggested before, most people don't put that much thought into lyrics.

Or, it's a right-brained thing, and not something meant to be analyzed like it's logical.

No comments: